OpenVMS DECnet Experience
Since the firm's founding in 1978, Mr. Gezelter has worked extensively with
DECnet in the OpenVMS environment.
His activities have included:
- designing, installing, and maintaining DECnet Phase II through Phase V at numerous client facilities,
including Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and
combinations of LAN and WAN technologies since the initial release of
VAX/VMS in 1978.
- implementing DCL command procedures using DECnet for numerous
application and system management related applications and requirements
- programming numerous applications using the DECnet Transparent and
Non-Transparent communications interfaces to implement distributed and
- troubleshooting numerous DECnet related problems, including quotas, network
topologies, malfunctioning networks, and other problems.
- speaking on DECnet related issues at DECUS Symposia in the United
States, Canada, Switzerland, France, and Turkey.
Presentations have included both one hour sessions and full
authoring several articles on OpenVMS systems
management, internals, and related areas. Articles have
been published by Digital Systems Journal, Open Systems
Today, Network Computing, Digital News, and Hardcopy.